our space is pretty informal and a lot smaller than most hackerspaces.. we dont have any giant cnc machines or heavy equipment... but we have a place to learn and make a mess!!
we've got an array of standard hand tools & power tool as well as a drill press / mig welder / band saw / general workshop kinda stuff.
we also have a electronic test equipment like oscilloscopes / freq counters / variable power supplies /meters / etc
at the moment we do not have a "dues" system, but welcome attendees to donate a little something here and there if/when they can to help with the rent and equipment, etc.
currently we are looking into a larger space, to be open most days of the week, have dues, etc,etc
but for the time being we meet on wed. and also at least once a month on a saturday afternoon.
No experts here... just a group of like minded creative people, working and helping each other learn and make cool stuff !!
The learned Nerd invites you to our
"Mid Week Maker Meet-up !"
8 pm - 11:30 ish
4699 N Dixie Hwy
Pompano Beach, FL
here are some links you might be interested in order to keep up with whats happening with the club in-between meetings:
* General email: theLearnedNerd @ gmail (dot) com
* To mail the group: tln @ posterous (dot) com
* To join the email list (spam free) : http://tln.posterous.com/
* group email archive (blog style): http://tln.posterous.com/
* Social sites: follow us on twitter! or like us on FaceBook
- Invent / Build / Learn / Repeat!